Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fall frenzy

The school year has begun well for me, but as predicted, I am swamped with lesson planning, curriculum development, private piano students, and homework for our ministry survival training course. I've also had the happy luck of getting allergies and a sustained sinus infection for the totality of the school year so far. However, I am finding great joy in seeing how I've improved as a teacher, and getting to share in the day-to-day progress and development of my students whom I cherish deeply. Matt, meanwhile, has been bored and continually seeking new ways to use his time. I've struggled with coming home exhausted and yet wanting to spend quality time with my man who hasn't had much of anything to do.

Every weekend has been continual excitement, from watching Penn State and the Phillies to joining a chamber choir (about 25 singers), which has been such a pleasure to be making music at a high calibre again. We've been in State College with my whole family together discovering our artistic side, painting pottery and being a part of worship at church. And next weekend we head home to the Kistler farm for Oktoberfest for all of the apple and pumpkin picking, playing in leaves, hearty food and family festivities that come with it.

We look forward to all that fall will bring (except learning how to drive stick)....

No comments: