2 weeks ago, with the help of my principal, we told my students that I was leaving. I definitely cried (no surprise there). As hard as it was, it was also so freeing. I finally could talk about going, instead of knowing about my upcoming departure and not being able to talk about it with the kids.
This week was really tough. I only had 3 days left, but there was so much I wanted to do in my time left and just not enough hours in the day. I was struggling with still being in 2 worlds: school and Kenya preparations, torn between both.
Yesterday I said my goodbyes. In the morning I was blessed by so many of my students coming with heartfelt gifts and hugs that meant the world to me. Fellow teachers and staff, who have supported me in so many ways, also shared their parting wishes and prayers. I was overwhelmed with the tremendous blessing of my time at AGI. I really couldn't have asked for a better last day.
And now I'm finished. It's Friday, but didn't get out of bed until 8:15 (normally I'm up at 6). Our work permits just came through. All of our clothes and dishes are packed. We leave for training on Sunday. One chapter closed, another one just beginning.
1 comment:
Aw, Steph- I'm totally crying just thinking about your week. That's HUGE! Life is so amazing... changes come when we're ready or as a surprise, and we just don't know what it will be like until we walk through them. You are such a fantastic woman of faith- you will bless there like you did here. Looking forward to every step of your adventure, guys!!!
Post a Comment