Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Arrival

I'm proud to announce that Steph and I have safely arrived in Nairobi. The flights were perfectly uneventful despite our oversized "personal items" and short turnaround time in Zurich. In every way, God provided for all our needs, even the in-flight meals were tasty and filling.
I was definitely anxious throughout the process and thought it interesting how much it wears on me. Two passages I felt drawn to all day were from Ps 62 and 63.

"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken"

"O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water."

The word I got from God here was to just be still. My mind tends to go into overdrive when there are many different challenges I face. However, God was calling me to simply be still and know that He alone is my salvation and hope.

A final joy was waking up at 3am last night. I suddenly felt much more peace and purpose about all that we'll be doing. I soon realized that I woke up just as our prayer meeting would have started back in West Chester. I could truly feel your prayers and it was good. We truly appreciate your support and want you to know that they truly matter. Prayer is not simply a cop-out means of support but a real tangible means to change the atmosphere around us. Thank you.

3 comments:

Jojo & Scott said...

Matt
Thanks for sharing, they are words of encouragement for all of us.

Grace and Peace you to you and Steph

Anonymous said...

Matt - I'm Teri Miles' mom, Lois. Did you go to Eastern -- now Palmer -- Seminary in Wynnewood? I got my MTS there in '06.

Christie said...

Hi Guys,
So glad you are there safe. I look forward to reading all about the adventures over the coming time.
Praying for you lots,
Christie McKinney