Monday: After calling the accountant multiple times, I finally got a response. He was out of town and according to him, he gave the modem to another staff worker days ago. I call the other staff worker who assures me the accountant is lying. Monday is market day, so I figured if I went to market I'd get to the bottom of things. I go along with Simion (the other staff worker) to stake out the accountant's father's house.
We go first to the accountant's place in town. We find his brother who assures us his father is back at home. We head to the other side of town to the father's house when we see a vehicle coming down the road. It's the accountant's dad heading to town. We wave down the truck and learn that the dad has no idea where the modem is. We catch a ride with him, and he vows to help us find the modem. We go to the accountant's brother's shop, a second store, everybody seems to be unsure of where the modem is. Finally we see that next to the accountant's apartment is a small internet cafe. One brother is running it and lo-and-behold, there is the modem. The accountant apparently had been "borrowing" the modem and using it for his brother's new internet cafe. We quickly shamed the brother into giving us the modem and we brought it back to the office.
So ends the odyssey of the modem!
Monday, December 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment