Sunday, October 24, 2010

What is this?

Upon my return home yesterday afternoon, I was greeted with some pleasant and some not-so-pleasant surprises.

The pleasant surprise: it had rained a lot! The garden was looking healthy and green and our garage roof had collected at least 50 L of water. It then took me about an hour and a half to collect this water, by maneuvering the very heavy water above my head toward small holes underneath which I placed buckets... but I was thankful.

The not-so-pleasant surprise: In the corner of our garage, I discovered cat-like animal, with grey-black fur, black legs, long tail, pointy teeth, and pointy face. Matt and I have been trying to identify it. Any ideas?


4 comments:

Emily Welty said...

Hahahaha - this gave me the best laugh of the whole day - I absolutely LOVE that you have posted a photograph of this dead animal for us to identify. I am going to go with weasel?
big hug,
Emily

Lindsay said...

Pretty funny! My guess is a Civet. But I am not smart enough to come up with that on my own. I googled it :-)

Anonymous said...

Possibly a mongoose of some sort. Does it have stripes on its back? How long were its legs? Shorter than a cat's or longer? A grey mongoose or banded mongoose maybe if its legs were shorter than a cats. Cynthia

Amandaz said...

ewwww I would not want to find that in my back yard! I have no idea...a brown ferret?