Saturday, November 27, 2010

Giving Thanks


For those of you that don't know, I absolutely love Thanksgiving. I love that it's the perfect excuse to eat amazing food with people you care about. I love that it's a non-commercialized holiday. I love that it's a culmination of fall. I love having an official American holiday where we take time to thank God for all the ways He has blessed us.

Matt and I feel incredibly blessed. We could never begin to give thanks for all the ways God has provided for us this year. But we thought we'd choose 10 areas where we have felt particularly blessed.

  1. Rewarding work
  2. Being able to serve people
  3. Contentment in the midst of challenges and changes
  4. Having a car
  5. Friends and family to talk to
  6. Our adoptive family of Mennonites
  7. CCF (our church home) sending us cds of all the services
  8. Simple treats like reeses pieces (as Matt eats them right now) and mango smoothies (We've made them at least 3 nights this week)
  9. Small triumphs
  10. Our ideas coming to fruition slowly by slowly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Matt and Stephanie,

We miss you both very much. We are thankful for what you are doing. Our small group prays for you often and the other members of the group miss you too.
We pray for blessing: upon your work, your marriage, and for God's incredible favor!
Can't wait to see you again!

Jon and Sarah Seiler