This weekend I had the opportunity to play in an orchestra for the first time since college. We're a motley mix of musicians, everything from conservatory trained master teachers to fresh out of high school learners. We played some really great music, including my favorite Christmas orchestra piece, Corelli Christmas Concerto, and a Polish Overture called "Bajka" by Moniuszko. We also played a nice Elgar Romance for bassoon and some so-so arrangements of Christmas carols put in symphony form. The quality of performance was varied. Matt said if you only came to the first half, you would think we were pretty good, but it was a joy to get to play in an ensemble again.
My stand partner, Dzenisa, and I really loved playing together and I hope to do so again in the spring (pending family commitments).
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment