Since the move back to Najile, we've had lots of visitors. Everyone wants to see not just one, but two mazungu babies! In the past when we've had visitors I've struggled to be friendly, often feeling like people just came to look at us and our house like animals in a zoo. But now I'm a proud mama happy to share my joy with anyone who comes. Plus, most people respect that babies are a lot of work, so they linger only for a short time, just wanting to say their hellos and see the girls for a bit. The cutest part is the kids. We have groups of kids come by on a regular basis after school is out, just wanting to see the girls. Many kids used to show very little if any respect to us: not following directions, hanging around, shouting at us; but now most of them are very polite, greeting us quietly, sweetly playing with the girls and then going on their way. If the girls are sleeping, the kids that visit don't try to argue or stay around, they go play somewhere else.
I've also found it interesting that no one wants to see Matt. Since I'm the mom, which here is acknowledged as the person in charge of the home and therefore the babies, if Matt answers the door, they just ask for me! This has given Matt the unique opportunity to take pictures of the throngs that have come to say hello, like the pictures we've posted here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! This looks overwhelming. I get visitors, but usually only one or two at a time. And I would have been much more uptight about it with my firstborn than you are. Congrats on the two beautiful girls.
Cynthia, in Lusaka
These are wonderful photos. Your girls are a gift in so many ways.
Post a Comment