Last week, my passion fruit vines finally started to produce fruit. They were flowering earlier but I was pessimistic about them actually producing. I knew it takes some months for plants to mature, but the passion vines at the demo farm had been fruiting for months (though they dump copious amounts of water on them while I try to conserve every drop). Each day, I've enjoyed watching more and more fruit weigh down the vines.
At work, I've been seeing a lot of progress as well. After a few months where I was wondering what the impact of our work would be once we leave, I've been seeing growth in each partner. A donor visit last week really emphasized how much things have improved and its been great to get a lot of affirmation from superiors about my work.
Finally, the community has received a great blessing of rain. Three nights this week have seen heavy rains. Our tanks, previously half full, have now been filled with rainwater from our gutters (another one of my projects producing good fruit). The land is now bright green with grass and new hope springing everywhere.
This time of fruit was like a word from God to me. I feel like He is saying that despite times of opposition, failure, and barrenness, He will be faithful to bring fruit in His time. We've seen God at work throughout our time here, and believed that He would use our time and work to bring about good fruit in this community. Now, our faith is beginning to be as sight as the first green buds of hope turn to sweet fruit.
No comments:
Post a Comment