So, I bet you didn't realize that Valentine's Day is a much bigger deal in Kenya than at home. Maybe its because Kenya is a major exporter of fresh cut roses and other flowers, or maybe its yet another bizarre way that Kenya has adopted to be more "Western." For whatever reason, Valentine fever is in full swing here. Flowers are everywhere, even churches are decorated in red, chocolates are ubiquitous, flowers are in every hand (a dozen roses for a dollar or two), and then there's the cards. Kenyans like big valentine's cards. And I mean BIG cards. Many card aisles are filled with cards 8.5X11 and bigger. Looking at these cards reminds me of those poor people who have to wear billboards or ridiculous man-sized hamburger costumes.....all I could think of is a person wearing one of these larger-than-life cards as a costume.
All that to say, happy valentine's! May the God of love and hope fill you with love that doesn't leave wanting and a wellspring of joy that does not grow dry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment